- Depart home to Tanzania.
- You will be met by our staff and transferred to your booked hotel for dinner and overnight.
- Team orientation at 8 a.m. Packing and trip preparation. Afternoon for hiking, a visit to the town of Arusha, or sleeping off jet lag. Team welcome dinner in Arusha.
- Drive to Lemosho Glades (2,100 m 6,890 ft) Meet local staff and porters. Hike to Mt. Mkubwa Camp (Forest Camp) (2250 m; 7,382 ft.) for dinner and overnight.
- We cross the spectacular and remote Shira Ridge, then descend a short distance to Shira I Camp on the Shira Plateau (3500 m; 11,450 ft.) for dinner and overnight.
- In the isolation of this rarely visited area, we take a rest and acclimatization day. There are numerous hiking destinations that can be explored from camp. Herds of eland, the largest of Africas antelopes, and other wildlife are sometimes encountered followed by dinner and overnight.
- We continue our walk across the Shira Plateau to Shira II Camp (3850 m; 12,600 ft.). At this camp we join the Machame Route. The camp is near the Shira Hut, used by Tanzanian Park Service wardens as well dinner and overnight.
Day 8- We ascend through the moorland and alpine desert zones to the Lava Tower camp at 4600 meters, or 15,090 feet for dinner and overnight.
- Ascend to Arrow Glacier Camp (4800 m; 15,750 ft.) then have dinner and overnight.
-We cross the Western Breach into the crater, camping at 5700 meters, or 18,700 feet explore the crater then have light dinner and overnight.
- Summit day. In less than two hours from camp, a measured pace will get us to the highest spot in Africa, Uhuru Point (5894 m; 19,339 ft.). We descend the Barafu Route all the way to 10,000 feet at the top of the forest (Mweka Hut) for dinner and overnight.
-We walk through the forest to the park gate, where our Vehicles are waiting to take us back to either Moshi/Arusha to catch hot shower, leisure at the booked hotel, then dinner and overnight